Beetroot, Apple and Greens salad
— February 7, 2016
Recipe by: Melanie Sinclair, The Nutrition Effect (instagram: @the_nutritioneffect)
This is lovely fresh & crunchy salad that is loaded with key nutrients & and even includes both insoluble (greens) and soluble (apples) fibres. Consistently eating a variety of high fibre foods is key to maintaining a healthy weight and aiding fat loss by keeping us feeling full for longer (by attracting water into the bowel) and also encouraging a diverse and robust inner ecosystem of beneficial bacterias which is vital for blood sugar regulation.
|· 1 large beetroot (skin on washed)
· 1 apple (skin on, cored and finely sliced)
· 1 handful of snow peas (finely sliced in lengthways)
· 1 cucumber (de-seeded and cut finely - save seeds for smoothie later on)
· 100g soft goats cheese
· 2 handful of rocket (roughly chopped) or: 1 handful of rocket & 1 handful of watercress
· optional: marjoram leaves
· Olive oil and 1 lemon
To prepare beetroot - either very finely slice and keep as raw OR chop into chunks and mix in a bowl with olive/coconut oil + salt & pepper. In a preheated oven of 180C roast beetroot until soft.
Toss all ingredients in a salad bowl, adding the cooled beetroot and optional marjoram leaves
Simply drizzle the oil from the goats cheese jar (if marinated) as a dressing with a squeeze a lemon juice or combine lemon juice with 3 parts olive oil in a jar. Season with salt and pepper & shake.
Add dressing to salad and serve.
|Join Byron. Boutique. Health
Are you interested in Byron. Boutique. Health?
Developed by Sammi K and Melanie Sinclair from The Nutrition Effect.
Starts Feb 7th with 9 weeks of support. Including:
|- 18 x PT sessions
- Unlimited Group Fitness
- 3 x Individual Nutrition Consults
- 4 x Body Scans to ensure results
- Facebook Support Group
- Local, Organic and Sustainable Start Up Pack.
Sponsored by Munch Crunch and Bare Blends.
For more info:
Call: 0476 169 550
Email:[email protected] [email protected]